"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

Frosting Shots


image: frosting shot from roboppy on Flickr.

I thought that cupcakes were the new thing. Apparently I was wrong. We've moved past cupcakes and on to frosting shots. I first read about it here and then here. As I kid I always wanted that piece of store cake with the giant frosting flower on it. But since I've become a *gulp* adult, I tend to scrape off all the extra store frosting. But I think if I was at one of these fancy cupcake shops with their gourmet flavored frostings, I might go for a frosting shot or two (or three). I've posted it before and I'll post it again, this is my favorite frosting and I could eat about a dozen shots of it in a sitting. Yikes.

From this recipe Tuxedo Brownie Cup frosting:

Ingredients:
2 squares (1 oz ea) white chocolate for baking
2 TBSP milk
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
, thawed

1 comment:

wendys said...

I love cream cheese frosting but I'm not a coolwhip fan. I'll take your word for it that it is good frosting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...