"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ear Infections

I don't think I ever got an ear infection as a child. Maybe as a baby, before I can remember, but in my recollection (which is very very dim) I recall no ear infections. But about fours ago I started getting them every time I was sick. I didn't even know what was wrong. I never go to the doctor, but this time I did. Before having kids, the last time I went to the doctor was when I was eight. Then I went once when we were first married because I had these little white bumps in the back of my throat (which I get all the time, and the doctor I saw explained is just my body fighting a viral infection). Then I went again when I was pregnant with Princess Sparkley and all subsequent pregnancies, etc. And I guess I went to get my knee checked out once because I've inherited my knees from my parents who, collectively, have had three knees replaced and I'm a bit of hypochondriac. But aren't hypochondriacs who rarely go to the doctor the best kind?

Anyways, when I went to the doctor that time about four years ago for a "I'm so sick please give me medicine check-up," it turned out I had a sinus infection and a double ear infection and something else. And ever since then, if I get a bad cold, I can feel it head straight for my ears. It's horrible. And then my husband came home from work or school last week and said a guy he knows was flabbergasted that someone was out with an ear infection because "adults don't get ear infections." That's what I thought. But I was wrong. And he's wrong. Maybe he'll start getting adult ear infections as his punishment for being so unsympathetic of his adult colleague with an ear infection.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So do you think you are getting an ear infection? My ears always hurt when I get a cold, but I don't think that I have gotten an actual infection. I like to use garlic/olive oil drops in my ears. It seems to sooth the pain and pressure.

Nance said...

I don't think this is an ear infection this time... they just hurt a lot the one day. Last year we had a hysterical time with Brandon trying to drop garlic drops into my ear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...