"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

Back To School

Is it possible to feel homesick for something that is not home... or even a place? I'm homesick for school. Not school. Just the back to school feeling in the air. I guess it's more a nostalgic feeling than a homesickness. I love shopping for school supplies. All the unsharpened pencils, 5-subject spiral notebooks. Backpacks. Lunch boxes. School clothes. I love it. And I miss it.

We live in a college town, and school starts in Thursday, so while I was shopping at Target on Saturday night it was amongst all the college students stocking their dorm rooms, and 18 year olds with mom or dad or the whole family wandering around wondering what they'd need to survive their first time living away from home. I love it.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I LOVE back-to-school supplies. I remember being ecstatic buying a calculator one year in high school. You know...one of those fancy ones that for the life of me I can't recall what it is called!!! Math was never my strong subject but boy did I like that calculator!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...