"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vacation Recovery

I didn't take into account recovering from vacation when I scheduled posts for while we were gone. So today while I tackle loads of laundry*, unpack, reorganize, clean, shop, sleep, shower, try to figure out why my A/C doesn't seem to be working and catch up, I'll also try to fit in a blog post here and there to tell you about the rest of our Little House on the Prairie trip.

*I came home with giant piles of laundry, of course. Who doesn't? And I'm out of Tide!! Ahh. I got in one load and then filled the Tide bottle with water and counted that as my second load's soap. So I'm in a weird spot. I don't want to shower and go to the store until my house is clean. I can't get my house clean until my laundry is done. Hmm. What to do, what to do? I guess I'll have to shower and get ready to go to the store since I just made my kids take a sample drink of milk to see if it was acceptable tasting to top their cereal. (It hasn't expired yet, it's just been opened in the fridge for several days that we haven't been here). And if i go shopping, I need to take our recycling with me since that will clean up the house a lot (and get rid of the ga-zillions of empty water bottles Jed brought in from the car when he unloaded it).

1 comment:

Ashby Family said...

My boys are way into recycling bottles too...but they are everywhere and drive me nuts. I hate unpacking from a trip. It usually takes me longer to get it all done than the actual length of the trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...