"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Reading List

I go through huge reading spurts when I read book after book after book. Spurts when I have a whole stack of books on my side of the bed that I can't wait to read and as soon as I finish one, I immediately pick up another and dive in. Then I go through a phase where I can't find a single book that seems interesting enough to read. Guess which dilemma I'm in now.



Notice they are all library books. Yikes. That means my reading has a deadline. Two are for my book club (E=MC2 by David Bodanis is July's book and Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larsen is August's book). Queen of Babble gets hitched is a Meg Cabot book and a guilty pleasure. Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko is one that I've heard good things about and read about here. The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost is supposedly hilarious and has been recommended to me by a friend, a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law. Queen of the Road by Doreen Orion is/was a Borders Book Club book, or something. They had a flyer about it in the store and it seemed interesting. Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman was recommended by a blog reader when I talked about how many books we have and how we need more bookshelves. And Eggs, I just picked it up awhile back because I like Jerry Spinelli, I liked its cover and I was waiting for all these books I had on hold to come in. I'm about 30 pages into it and not really loving it so much. I may have to desert it for all these other books.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...