"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Princess Sparkley's Peanut Butter M&M Bars


image from and this recipe found here

Princess Sparkley went to a baptism at church with Jed several months ago. After trying the dessert she told her daddy that they had to ask for the recipe (is this my kid or what?). They came home and dictated it to me. This is her recipe for it:

Princess Sparkley's Peanut Butter M&M Bars

Peanut butter cookie baked in a bar.

Little marshmallows sprinkled on top and baked a couple more minutes until melted.

Sprinkled with mini M&Ms.

Drizzled with chocolate.

Cut into squares.

Optional: according to Princess Sparkley, you can add cherries if you want. This is her own addition to the recipe, not what the lady told her. And she would never eat it with cherries.



I haven't toyed with this recipe nearly enough. I tried out this version. And was not pleased. The topping of marshmallow goo just peeled off. It didn't stick to the cookie at all. And the peanut butter cookie bar left a lot to be desired. A lot. When I make this again I will use my regular peanut butter cookie recipe. I might even sprinkle the marshmallows, M&Ms and chocolate on individual cookies and reheat quickly rather than trying to cut bars with gooey marshmallows on them. Let me know what you do if you try it.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Oh yeah! That sounds/looks divine!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...