"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Love (for Stripey)

My husband has done a lot of sweet things for me, but one of the nicest was when we were first married. We went on a trip to northern California and I of course brought my pillow, Stripey.* Stripey typically has a white pillow case on him. As do hotel pillows. We checked out of our hotel, did some more sight seeing and I realized that Stripey had been left at the hotel. My super nice husband of just a few months called the hotel, had the maids check the room, and then drove back out of our way to rescue Stripey. And at this point, I don't think he even loved Stripey like I do. He hadn't discovered how wonderful Stripey is. Needless to say, when Stripey goes on trips with us now, he wears a much brighter, non-blending pillowcase.


*You'll just have to look back a few posts, I can't figure out how to link to a post that I have scheduled to post in the future.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I left "greenie" at a hotel. I still miss that pillow. It was green and didn't blend at all. Pillows can easily be hidden under all that bedding. Be careful!

Rae said...

I love how you bring your own pillow with you! I am the same way!! Second, I love how you named your pillow! Now you have me thinkin'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...