"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies

Yesterday I posted the recipe for the peanut butter cookies I grew up eating. Here are my newly discovered favorites. AND, since a lot of the time I'm just baking cookies for my own family's consumption and even though I know it's better not to, we could finish off an entire batch in a day or two, so I've started doing another thing my dad did when I was a kid. I freeze bars or tubes of dough in wax paper or Saran Wrap. That way I'm just baking up one sheet of cookies a night, plus, making one batch of dough ends up feeding us cookies for 4 or 5 nights rather than devouring them all in one sitting.


Chippy Peanut Butter Cookies
from Taste of Home
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (10 ounces) swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen. Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Nestle swirled milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.


3 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Love any treat with Peanut Butter!

Erin said...

Ooh, these must be the ones you brought to me. They were heavenly. I am so glad you shared the recipe.

Marsha said...

Hmmm. I wonder if I could tweak these to make them gluten free??? They look so yummy, but I can't have the gluten!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...