"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Blueberries For Us




The above pictures are from two years ago (last year the berries froze). I forgot my camera in the car this year, and due to the large crowd of people picking, the car was very far away and I wasn't going back for it.

We spent yesterday picking blueberries here along with a couple hundred other Kansans and Missourians. So today, I plan to make this thanks to the Pioneer Woman's fabulous recipe timing.

5 comments:

Rae said...

Yummy! What a fun time and beautiful berries!

Ashby Family said...

We went to that farm in Somis last month - love blueberries!

Erin said...

So did you try this yet? It looks so good. I would like to make it for the 4th of July (with the addition of strawberries of course to make it festive). Let me know if you liked it.

Jamie said...

I can't wait to pick berries in Oregon this summer. That recipe looks so good with the brown sugar. How did it turn out?

Nance said...

I made this yesterday. It was not as thick as I would have liked it, but it was quite tasty. Princess Sparkley enjoyed hers with no blueberries and whipped cream on top. Buddy only had a few bites (he's my blueberry lover), but to give the food credit, he slowed down mid-dinner due to fullness. Jed says it was alright, it was tasty, but not very desserty, and he wishes it was a bit thicker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...