"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Blah Blah Blog

When I first started a blog it was an accident. And only a handful of people knew about it. My BFF, two guys I became good friends with my freshman year of college, a guy I dated, and my husband. So, other than my hubby, it was a tiny group that met my freshman year at BYU. I told a few close friends about it, started my online book club and that was about it. I didn't even tell my family... I have a family blog for them documenting the ga-zillion pictures I take each day of my kids. At the time I started my blog, I didn't really want people reading it, not really. It was just my random thoughts. I figured if it was really worth reading, someone would discover it. Then my husband's friend Erik the Prince's* wife started a blog and Jed gave them my blog address. She had links to lots of blogs of people from home and she linked to me, so my number of readers grew. Then some friends moved so I gave them my blog address to keep in touch. Then I started discovering cool blogs, and commenting and discovering more friends or friends of friend's blogs and now I have all of you readers. So thank you for reading my blog. I hope my random musings are at least slightly entertaining.


*That's what my friend Shadley and I called him when we were four because we thought he was so cute.

3 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Keep on writing - I enjoy your blog!

Cristin said...

WOW, I feel so lucky to have married Erik the Prince.

Nancy - I love your blog. It's even listed as one of my favorites and I only have like 6 or so favorites.

the doze said...

I love your blog. I would like to think I was one of the original readers of the Writing Fishbowl... but I can't remember if that is true or not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...