"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Nervous


image from www.ljworld.com

Moving here to Kansas, one of my biggest fears was tornadoes. My husband couldn't understand why I was okay with earthquakes in California, but not tornadoes (that you have warning of). I guess it's just fear of the unknown. Or maybe the anticipation that they are coming. Plus moving here to find out that not every home is built with a basement. That just seems crazy to me. We have no basement. Today there is supposed to be a widespread tornado outbreak in the Midwest. Even the natives are nervous. I'm trying not to think about it too much. Hopefully we're all still here tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...