Yesterday I realized I had bought the wrong amounts of the two fabrics, but didn't want the above fabric to be the main apron, just the inside and accent, so I had to rush to the store and hope they still had more I could buy. They did. Yea.
Yesterday I got all the pieces accept the ties pieced and cut.
(At least I think that's what it's called.)
I pinned the front part of the apron together today and sewed it... correctly.
See my helpers stuff above mine?
Then the big problem. I do this sort of stuff all the time. Argh! It makes me so mad.
I sewed it together wrong. See, left = wrong side, right = right side. And I did it with
both side pieces of the inside part of the apron.
Lots of seam ripping coming my way. But because I'm blogging this,
I can't just put it off for three weeks. I must rip rip rip.
both apron ties
front of apron
What needs to be done:
back of apron ripped and resewn
jumbo sized rick rack purchased (or, in words I understand... jumbo zig zag edging)
Mistakes I've made so far:
buying the wrong amounts of the two fabrics
sewing the pocket differently than the directions said to, but I think it'll work
almost sewing the pocket shut
sewing the inside part of the apron pieces together wrong (HUGE MISTAKE)
1 to my mom concerning the pocket
none today, a little yesterday