"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Friday, June 13, 2008

harvey danger

I love the band Harvey Danger, my husband's post today reminded me I've wanted to write a blog post about how much I love this band. You may only remember them from the song "Flagpole Sitta," it was big back in the late 1990s. At the time I also happened to have a Columbia House membership as well as a BMG membership. So what I'm saying is I had to buy all sorts of crazy cds for my initial 17 cents or whatever. One of the cds I bought was Harvey Danger's "Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone?" I of course only listened to the one song I knew at the time and it wasn't until I was married years later that Jed and I listened to the whole cd. And I loved it. The whole thing. So when they came out with a new cd a couple of years ago, "Little by Little...," we bought it. It's awesome. I also accidentally won two copies of their middle cd, "King James Version" on Ebay. I don't love it so much. But their first and third cds are among my all time favorite cds. The third cd is available to download for free from their website.

This is a song, not a video, just a still shot, of a song from their newest album that's a few years old:



Here's another, it's not great, someone filmed it at a concert, but I can't find much else out there to post for you:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...