"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

What we got Jeb for Father's Day:


key/money holding can made by the kids (and me)


Peanut Butter Layered Brownies made by me and Buddy



image from www.thefind.com
a cheap watch with stop watch capabilities for $11.87 at Walmart for when he runs
(He has a super nice watch I got him for our one year anniversary that's at the jeweler's right now being repaired, so he's wearing one that looks like this around town.)


image from www.Bevnet.com
a case of Blackberry Izzes


image from www.brownlows.co.uk
a pack of handkerchiefs (that are still hidden under the bed, forgotten about until today)
I got him these since he's riding a bike all over town in 90 degree weather so he'd have something with which to mop of his brow. I was remember the other day how handy handkerchiefs were in Japan when we picked my brother up off his mission when I was a kid and since Japan is humid like Kansas, I thought it might be useful here as well.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum. Blackberry Izzes. What's your favorite kind? Once in a while I get Jake a case of his favorite: Apple Beer from Costco. I wonder if they sell Apple Beer in any other state.

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

How are they hidden underneath the bed? I cleaned under the bed yesterday and I didn't run into them.

Nance said...

Jamie -
I love apple beer. I haven't seen it around here, but then I also don't have a Costco card.

My favorite Izze is Grapefruit but Blackberry is a close 2nd place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...