"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Crafting Bug



In Princess Sparkley's History lesson for school this year one of the famous American's we learned about was Theodore Roosevelt. And since it was history for Kindergarteners, we made a construction paper Teddy Bear. She was seriously distraught that she wasn't going to be able to sleep with it, etc. So I told her we'd made her a bear out of fabric and stuffing when we got a chance. So a few months ago she picked out the fabric, and yesterday I got around to making it for her. I chose that over letting the kids paint. I admit, I'm horrible about letting the kids paint. It makes a huge mess and then I have paper with wet paint on it drying on every flat surface of the house. So here are our creations. A teddy bear, and for Buddy, a Thomas train named Thomas Orange Juice [our last name].






1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! You are sewing up a storm. Your apron looks great and the teddy bear is so cute. But not as cute as that Baby X pictured above. He is so adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...