"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Books for birthdays

A year or two ago I decided that since I love books, and I especially love kid and young adult books, from now on, we'd buy books for our nieces and nephews for their birthdays. Luckily, most of our nieces and nephews love to read so it isn't so horrible of a present. I try to spend under $10, (we have 16.5 nieces and nephews now!!) so I buy a lot of the books from Half.com, library book sales, wait until they are out in paperback, etc. You get the point. Plus with books, I feel like it's a bit more personal of a gift. I don't just get them any book, I try to find them a book they'll totally fall in love with. So, that being said, here are some of the books I've bought for birthdays over the last bit.



Fablehaven by Brandon Mull




Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson




The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale




Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers by Ralph Moody




Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown




Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren




Leventhumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye




My Fun Picture Dictionary by Roger Priddy




Argyle by Barbara Brooks Wallace




Magic Treehouse by Mary Pope Osborne




Utterly Me, Clarice Bean by Lauren Child

1 comment:

Rae said...

Love your book choices. I haven't started the Fablehaven series yet. Maybe this summer. I also have Princess Academy sitting here to read. Sigh. Not enough time in the day....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...