"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

Book Report: Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass


Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

I read Wendy Mass's book A Mango-shaped Space last year and really enjoyed it. So I thought I'd read some of her other books. I really really enjoyed this book. It reminded me a lot of a young adult version of Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close which I also enjoyed. I must have, I actually remember reading it.

Both books involve a slightly odd teenage/pre-teen boy in New York whose father has died and the boy travels the city on a scavenger hunt of sorts to discover stuff about himself and his dad and life. In Mass's book the boy is looking for four keys to a box his dad left for him to open on his 13th birthday. In Foer's book, the main character finds a key among his dad's possessions and is searching to find out what it opens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...