"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Walmart Recipes

I'm a sucker for a cookbook with pictures. Any cookbook really, but I prefer the ones with pictures. Basically I'm a sucker for books in general. We used to give my father-in-law a hard time because he'd actually gone to a Friends of the Library book sale in our hometown and bought a book that he'd previously owned and donated to the library. I'm worse, I can't even part with them in the first place.

Back to the cookbook. Browsing the produce section of our Super Walmart or Walmart Supercenter, or whatever it is, awhile back I came across a Family Cookbook of recipes submitted by Walmart employees. And each recipe has a picture. And it was only $4.96. So I bought it.

I've tried several of the recipes and they've turned out pretty good. Here's one I made last night for Family Night, in honor of Cinco De Mayo. Yummy, and super super easy.


Cheesecake Sopapillas

Ingredients:
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese (softened)

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla

2 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cup butter melted

1 tbsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a mixer, beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla on medium speed until fluffy.
Unroll 1 tube of rolls. Don't separate them. Place dough in casserole dish pressing the perforations together. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Unroll second tube of rolls. Again, don't separate them. Press perforations together; place dough on top of cream cheese mixture. Crimp edges to seal.
Drizzle with butter. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together. Sprinkle on top of butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut into squares.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...