"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thirsty

My husband said to me the other night, "I wish someone would invent some sort of tasty, thirst-quenching beverage." I told him, "I'm going to have them write that on your tombstone." While some people are constantly on the look out for the perfect little black dress, pair of shoes, or a good deal, my husband is just trying to quench his thirst. He says that thing about someone inventing this dream beverage for him at least once a week sometimes, if not more. Hence the need for it to be engraved on his tombstone, or placed as his quote underneath his picture if life was like a high school yearbook.


"I wish someone would
invent a tasty,
thirst-quenching
beverage."

He's the guy at the restaurant that the wait staff dreads because he goes through glasses of water so quickly. Even my daughter has noticed how often his water is refilled when we eat out... and she's a tiny little camel herself, taking after daddy.

So after telling me he needed something to drink he drove up to our 24 hour grocery store and came back with this, which we've had before and is super yummy. Have you tried it? It's probably my favorite juice flavor.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That looks really tasty. I will have to try it. I think God invented the most thirst quenching beverage (water) but I guess that B doesn't classify that as tasty. For me, a close second to water would be Sonic's cherry limeades.

BTW we have watched "About a Boy" and "Music and Lyrics" since your Hugh Grant blog. We enjoyed them both!

The Man Your Husband Is Worried About said...

Two nights ago at the economics dept. dinner I had a platoon of three waitresses working full-time just to keep my water glass full. Two of them seemed amused; one seemed pissed.
When we were in high school, Nance and I went to a restaurant where, on my fifth or sixth lemonade refill, the waiter started tainting my glass with bits of other drinks. I think that was his signal that he didn't want me to drink any more.
The Chinese restaurant in Camarillo would refill my Sprite a little less every time they brought it back to the table. That was their way of dealing with it.
In closing, I think it's a good thing I don't drink alcohol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...