"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Movie Review: P.S. I Love You



I read this book by Cecelia Ahern awhile ago. I really loved the book. It's extremely sad. But I enjoyed it. Now I cry at most sappy books, movies, etc., but I'm pretty sure most people would have a hard time keeping a dry eye while reading this book. Or watching the movie for that matter. It's basically the same, just a few changes.

I didn't love the movie like I loved the book. I had a hard time with Hilary Swank as the lead role. And, as much as I want to like Harry Connick Jr., I'm not sure if he's a bad actor, or if he just gets bad rolls, but I didn't like him much in this movie either. Nor the existence of his character as a romantic interest at all.

But the story is good. The movie ... I guess it was worth the $1.07 I paid at Redbox. I'm glad I saw it, but it's not one I want to watch over and over again.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree with you. I wouldn't watch it again probably or buy it, but it was alright. I liked the Irish guy and I was totally grossed out by Harry Connick Jr! Maybe it was his character, but he seemed like an ogre to me. I was really confused and upset when she was trying to make it work with him and they started kissing and so relieved when they immediately said it wouldn't work. I guess I really liked the flashbacks of how she met her husband, and the music was good. Hillary Swank reminds me of a cross between Julia Roberts and Jennifer Garner.

wendys said...

I've never seen the movie and I'm not really interested in seeing it! I can't believe how many posts you have written since I left on vacation a week ago! I have a lot of catching up to do.

Malissa said...

Mark brought the movie home on a recommentadion from a co-worker. I watched 20 minutes of it, was in tears and turned it off. "What's the matter? This is supposed to be the best chick-flick ever," he said. Poor thing was just trying to be romantic- but I ended up in a bad mood and emotionally needy all weekend. Not a good show to watch when you're 8.5 months pregnant.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy it!

100 Percent Cottam said...

agreed! i haven't read the book, but i was only ho-hum on the movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...