"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Missing Winter

While I'm not really missing the cold weather, I am missing the absence of bugs. My parents thought I was a weirdo when I was in California in March because I noticed every single bug I saw. Then I realized it was because Kansas had been too cold all winter for any bugs to be alive and they hadn't thawed out yet.

The other thing I miss about winter is the water coming out of my faucet isn't refreshingly ice cold anymore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...