"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lullabies


image from half.com

I'm not much of a singer, but I am a mom, so I sing to my kids. With Princess Sparkley I always sang The Teddy Bears' Picnic while looking at the pictures from the above book which is one of my favorite kids' picture books.

Here's a really annoying version of how that song goes.

For Buddy, I think I mostly sang Primary songs or the regular "Rockabye baby in the tree top," or "Twinkle twinkle little star."

With Baby X I've found myself singing Lullaby and Goodnight because that's what his crib mobile plays. But I discovered the other day that I don't really know the words... I just sing, "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my dear baby" over and over again.

When my mom was out here after Baby X's birth she always sang him a song that goes, "I gave my love a cherry...," so I looked it up here to find out the words so I can sing an actual lullaby to this baby.


What songs do you sing to your kids?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Jane loves the "You can paint a rainbow" song and "Heavenly Father Loves Me" and "Favorite Things" ... but I can't sing either. In fact, I don't even sing in church, I just mouth the words. But I suppose one HAS to sing to their baby and if Lane's home, I just sing extra quietly.

wendys said...

I haven't sung to them in a long time but I usually sang "Away in a Manger" or "Silent Night" because I love Christmas music! My husband sings Beatles songs to the kids and they love it.

Jamie said...

I think I do mostly primary songs and then like you, I try to sing those goodnight/lullaby songs and I only know a word here and there so I end up humming it. Thanks for the links. I've always wanted to know the actual words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...