"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Book Report: Confessions of a Slacker Wife by Muffy Mead-Ferro




My husband bought this book for me awhile back. He might have been trying to tell me something. While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't nearly as funny as the title made me think it would be. Mead-Ferro was a little bit too far over into the feminist spectrum for me, but she did make some good points. Mostly, she reminded me that men and women just think differently. For instance, when planning to have friends over, her husband didn't worry about cleaning or what he'd feed them, he just had his buddies over. When she had her friends over she had to master 5 or 6 never before made masterpiece dishes, clean her house from top to bottom (even where no guest was ever going to go) and didn't ever really enjoy the party because she was so exhausted from all her prep getting ready for it. But it didn't need to be that way and her friends would enjoy themselves eating chips and onion dip just as much as something fancy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...