"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, April 27, 2008

T-Shirt and Jeans


image from gap.com

I'm a T-shirt and jeans sort of girl. Always have been. Some told me that in high school like it was an insult. It's not insulting. It's just who I am. Funny too because my mom is not a T-shirt and jeans sort of person. I can remember having to be dressed up in my fanciest clothes as a kid for a shopping trip to the mall. The mall! But times were different then. No one dresses in their best to go shopping anymore.

But I think I'm going through a sort of early mid-life crisis. I turn 30 in June. THIRTY! It seems unfathomable that I'm not still 22. So I decided I need to dress better. Now, I don't think I dress bad. I don't wear any of the clothes I wore in high school. I don't think I even own any of the clothes I had in high school. Even looking back to pictures of me in college, my T-shirts are grubbier T-shirts than what I wear now. So at least I've progressed in the past decade. But I still think that there has to be some way to pull of being a T-shirt and jeans loving person, but not looking like a sloppy teen, or even a sloppy twenty something. I decided the other day that I should wear casual skirts more often. So I'm on a hunt of decent priced casual skirts. Any suggestions? I found a cute brown linen one at H&M tonight for under $10. (Love H&M by the way. Love love love it.)

Along the same lines, I need a new hairstyle... but that's a post for another day.

3 comments:

Ashby Family said...

I am a t-shirt and jeans girl too, but I also live in flip-flops. Even in bad weather. For my 30's crisis I decided that I would make more of an effort to wear make-up and do my hair on a regular basis. But that lasted only about 3 weeks. :) I'm more of an all natural gal - regardless of how OLD I am. :)

Jo said...

I'm so jealous you have an H & M close by! Some of my friends and I are planning a trip to Vegas this summer just so we can hit the H&M store! :)

wendys said...

I think it's harder to change a hairstyle than a clothes style. I love jeans and t-shirts too. But I can't seem to get rid of the same hairstyle I've had since college! I don't want a mom-do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...