"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

i heart hugh grant



If you had asked me who was my favorite actor 20 years ago I probably would have said Kirk Cameron or Uncle Jesse from Full House. Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio when he started out on Growing Pains. Later I would have picked Harrison Ford, then David Duchovny. Now it's a toss up between Owen Wilson and Hugh Grant. But we own (*) more Hugh Grant movies, so maybe he's our favorite.



I was at Target yesterday and saw that they had Music and Lyrics on sale for $7.50. I had it in my cart until I realized it was the Fullscreen edition, which I refuse to buy. But that reminded me that after my husband and I watched the movie (B and I are both Hugh Grant fans, you see) we downloaded all the songs from Napster. So I've been listening to them today, wanting to watch that movie again.

Here are the Hugh Grant movies we own, starting with my all time favorite:

About A Boy*
Two Weeks Notice*
Notting Hill*
Music and Lyrics
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Sense and Sensibility
Nine Months*
American Dreamz
Mickey Blue Eyes
The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain

For awhile there, B and I watched either About A Boy or Two Weeks Notice once a weekend.

3 comments:

Ashby Family said...

I'm reading Sense and Sensibility for my book club this month. I love the movie too. I like Hugh Grant as an actor. His personal life is another thing...

Notting Hill is a good one.

Nance said...

Yes, definitely as an actor. I actually try to avoid hearing anything about his personal life (or thinking about what I have heard) because I don't want to destroy my love for his movies.

Erin said...

That video was hilarious. I can't believe I haven't seen that movie yet. I haven't seen any of those movies for a long time. I think it is time to watch them all again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...