"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Healthy Eating


I'm always trying to cut back on how much butter I use when I make Macaroni & Cheese. My husband gives me a hard time because when he's cooking, I'm always making sure he makes precise measurements following the recipe, yet I'm not following the recipe on the Kraft box. He does, and, admittedly, his Mac n' Cheese tastes much better than mine. I upped the unhealthiness a notch today. I was to the point in the process where I needed to add milk when my brain finally computed that only one of us had cereal for breakfast this morning because we only had about an eighth a cup of milk. Hmm. What do do? I have plenty of breast milk stored up in the fridge, but the thought of that made me want to spew. So my other option... Heavy Whipping Cream. Mmmm. So we had extra healthy (please, note the sarcasm) Mac 'n Cheese today for lunch and it was quite tastey.

3 comments:

Ashby Family said...

I love mac n cheese, and I don't follow the recipe either. The heavy cream sounds very "thick".

Cristin said...

I love cooking with cream and butter. When I am morbidly obese, that will be my excuse - I like cream and butter.

the doze said...

Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try that next time I make myself some mac n' cheese. Mmmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...