"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby X is getting bigger

Posted by Picasa

I saw in some parenting magazine a few years ago a story about a mom who took a picture of her baby girl in her old bathing suit every year on the girl's birthday. At first it was just this bundle of cloth, then a dress as the baby grew into a little girl and then it actually fit her perfectly at age 16 or so. I saw a similar story of a mom who took a picture of her baby each month of its first year. It was really neat to see how a newborn (who, let's admit it, is never really that cute), turns into a baby.

So I've been taking Baby X's picture every Saturday (excluding the Saturday he was born and when he was back in the hospital) with this alligator. Here are his first twelve weeks.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That is awesome to see how much he is grown. What a great idea! He looks huge now (comparatively).

JT said...

I think I am going to do that, in reverse. I just need to find an old pair of jeans that I may be able to squeeze into at the end of my weight loss. The first picture is going to be great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...