"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Food Snob




I'm a food snob when it comes to meals that go together. Not nutritionally, or even appearance-wise (my mother would stress over having cauliflower with potatoes with chicken because they are all basically the same color). I just want my meals to go together and taste good together.

It's possible that I have some sort of weird complex. I also don't like to mix my food. It seems like most people I've encountered have no issue with stabbing each pile of different foods on their plate and eating them in one bite. I've gotten better about this... but when I prepare my food plate, each type of food has it's own pile, and if possible, they don't touch each other. When I was a kid we'd eat dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's and their kids essentially stirred the food on their plate into a giant mush and ate it. I nearly lost my appetite watching that.

Meals I've been served that totally gross me out together, but separately would have been fine:
Chicken Parmesan with twice baked potatoes or mashed potatoes
Chicken Parmesan with cinnamon raisin bread

As a kid, my husband was fed pizza and peas for dinner because apparently his parents figured that even if they ordered pizza, they still needed a vegetable. But frozen peas??? They are gross on their own. What about a salad? Carrot sticks? Etc.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I totally agree 100%. This is why I have such a hard time with poorly organized ward potlucks or singles wards break the fasts. It's just GROSS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...