"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BFF

My BFF (since we were roommates our freshman year at BYU) got married Saturday in the Mesa Arizona Temple. My super sweet hubby bought my plane tickets and made me go. I was worried about traveling with Baby X when he's so tiny and he's had heart problems, and then I'd put off buying my ticket for so long that there weren't any cheap flights available. But my husband bought my ticket and sent us on our way. So nice.

I ended up flying into California and driving to Arizona with my parents. So I got to see my entire family, go to the wedding, and feel like a 14 year old on vacation with her parents (except throw a baby in there somewhere).

Here are just a few pictures from the trip.



bride and groom after the wedding



the beautiful bride



me and Angela at the reception


Baby X also had some milestones on this trip:

first and second airplane trips
two new states (CA and AZ)
new counties (you'll have to check my husband's blog to see how many)
started smiling just as we left and smiled lots on the trip
started cooing and making non crying, grunting, or hiccuping noises


trying to capture some smiles




sort of a smile, right?



oh, and he really discovered his tongue and wanted to show everyone

4 comments:

AshbyFamily said...

He has a serious Gene Simmons tongue!! :)

I hope he stayed healthy on the plane. Sara's last two trips on the plane were great and the next day she was super sick!!

Glad you had a fun trip - good for Brandon for making you go!

Cristin said...

Isn't it funny how it seems like "vacation" when you only have a little baby to take care of. Kids that don't move and don't talk back are the best!

the doze said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family. Baby X is adorable! I've been M.I.A. from the blog world for a few months. Second, congratulations to Alegna. What a beautiful bride! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

wendys said...

I can't believe how big baby x looks already! What a great smile. Congrats to your BFF too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...