"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Not To Wear



I watched a lot of TLC (aka The Learning Channel) while Baby X was in the hospital. Which means I watched a lot of Trading Spaces and What Not to Wear. Jed and I both love the show What Not to Wear. Keep this in mind as you read this post.


I still have about five pounds to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. Which is also turning out to be one pant size. So I only have one pair of pants that button closed and I've worn them almost every day for the past month. Sad, I know. The other day I went shopping for pants but apparently the new trend is the super wide leg which looked ridiculous to me in the dressing room. Not to mention all the pants had a low rise waist, which is not ideal when that is the part of your body where your five extra pounds are hiding. So today, I had to go buy bibs for Baby X as it turns out he's a huge spitter upper, and our last boy wasn't, so we have very few bibs. As I walked past the juniors department I looked quickly at the sales racks since all the wintery clothes (ie: pants) are on sale. Then I saw the sizes 5, 7, 9, 11, etc. and I was reminded of an episode of What Not to Wear I saw last week. The woman on the show was 35, I believe, and they were giving her a hard time for still dressing in t-shirts and jeans (basically my entire wardrobe) and then they looked at the tag on her jeans, saw that the size was an odd number and gave her a harder time for shopping in the juniors department (where apparently, I didn't know this, the clothes are numbered with odd numbers) when she was in her mid-thirties. As thirty is quickly approaching for me, I decided I should take that fashion advice and look in the ... what's it even called? ... women's department.?? But that was filled with jeans made my Dockers. I can't wear jeans made my Dockers! I guess this is what I get for shopping at Kohls. Which I love... for some things. Keep in mind that I was there buying bibs (they carry Carters baby stuff... which I love). AND, this isn't the size I plan to be for very much longer, but it's been long enough that I figured I could buy myself pair of pants, cheap and on sale, so I had more than one pants option for the remainder of my time at this size, however long it may be.

4 comments:

wendys said...

I can't believe that your baby is not even a month old and you only have 5 pounds too lose! You are amazing. I didn't know that the 5,7,9, sizes were in juniors. I always wondered why some brands were odds and some evens. Old Navy is evens. I have a hard time shopping in the misses section too. The clothes fit weird and make me feel OLD.

Cristin said...

I hate you. 5 lbs to go already! It took me like 10 months to get back to normal.

I would go to Old Navy and buy a pair of cheap pants. Yeah, you can't stop in the juniors section anymore when you are almost 30. Just a rule. "Womens" clothes are cut a little too boxy though for me.

Audrey said...

I'm impressed with how quickly you've lost weight. I too had days of pants that didn't button. GRRR. LOL

AshbyFamily said...

What I would give to only need to lose 5 lbs....be happy that you don't have to worry about "pregnancy fat!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...