"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Rice Babies as gifts in Japan



Read this article about Rice Babies. What would you think if you gave someone a baby gift and got a rice baby back? Should I place an order? Read more here.

**If anyone can find a picture of this I would love to see it. I just did all sorts of internet searches and came up with nothing.

1 comment:

wendys said...

That is the funniest thing. It would never occur to me to give a "thank you gift" after receiving a baby gift. Do the original givers then have to give a "thank you for the thank you" gift? It's a never ending cycle! I would feel bad about eating the rice baby too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...