"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Book Report: Love is a Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison



I started reading this series by Louise Rennison eight books ago when she started with Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging (which is being made into a movie). They are enjoyable, but I'm beginning to wish she'd stop writing them and move on. Each book only covers a very very short period of time. (Sort of like Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries series, which I loved, but have given up on.) And nothing really happens. The main character, Georgia Nicolson, is a teenage, British girl, obsessed with boys. First it's Robbie, the sex god. Then Robbie goes to Kiwi-a-go-go-land (New Zealand) and her love interest switches to Masimo, the Italian lurve god. But all along, deep down, she's got a thing for pal, Dave the Laugh, but won't admit it to anyone, let alone herself. There's a glossary at the end of each book so that we Americans can understand British teenage slang. Plus a snogging scale that she and her pals, the Ace Gang have invented, and tweaked. It's amusing to read. They are all written from Georgia's perspective as diary entries. She has a crazy family, crazy pets, and a crazy group of girlfriends. They are fun, and I will keep reading them because they are such fast reads. But I'm starting to wish that SOMETHING would actually happen in them.

2 comments:

SomeWeirdChikk said...

I freakin love those books!!! I started with Angus... when I was in high school. I agree, I wish something major would happen in the books, but then...I guess the books would cease to exist. lol. I have

SomeWeirdChikk said...

oops, forgot to finish my comment...I meant to write...I haven't read this one yet because I haven't gotten around to buying it...I'm a bum. but the last one literally made me laugh out loud in public. ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...