"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New Obsessions



I am sure everyone knows about Etsy. Well, my mom didn't know, but I told her about it the other night. I'm totally obsessed with it. Mainly because I wish desperately that I was crafty, and I'm not. So I look at all the cool stuff out there that other people have created with their two hands, and wish I could do the same. Some of my browsing it just for ideas. I realized the other day that my sister's baby is due the day after Christmas and I hadn't even thought about the blanket I'm going to make for him. (As uncrafty as I am, I'm the only person in my family that sews, so blankets and burp clothes fall to me.) So I was perusing the baby blankets on Etsy, getting ideas for the newest trends in fabric, etc. And I found so much great stuff. I love it. So now I'm checking for new stuff every day to see if they have any more little boy neckties, or Boston Red Sox stuff for my dad. It's addicting. Good thing I'm sort of slowing down on my ebay addiction.

1 comment:

wendys said...

wow, I haven't heard of this site until now. It seems fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...