"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Love/Hate Relationship with Clementines



I love oranges, but hate to peel them. And hate the seeds. So Clementines are perfect. They are cute and tiny, they peel super easily, and they have no seeds. What's not to love? I'm a little creeped out by how easily they peel. I mean, what have scientists done to genetically alter the make-up of an orange so that they peel so easily... it's like their peel is barely attached and just falls right off. Don't get me wrong, it's great. I just can't think about it too much.

1 comment:

AshbyFamily said...

My kids and I love Clementines and I look forward to them every winter. Since all the melons are out of season at this time of year. Kind of freaky how easy they are to peel. Guess that's why they are kid friendly.

How are you feeling? Any Braxton Hicks?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...