"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Books I've started and never finished

This is the list of books (that I can remember) that I've started and never finished - which is a rarity for me. I almost always read a book, no matter what. Some of these books I have full intentions of reading someday, just not today (ie: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell), some I will never pick up again.


Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy


Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke


All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy


Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel


On Writing by Stephen King


Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott

4 comments:

wendys said...

I'm like you... I almost always finish a book when I pick it up, even if it starts to annoy me or it isn't very good. Did you not like "All the Pretty Horses?" I haven't read it but have heard about the author.

Nance said...

It's been six years... this is what I remember: first of all, my book was missing 30 pages so I had to return it and get a new one. Then, all I remember is that it was very slow/boring so I gave up. But, who knows what was going on in my life at the time, maybe it's a great book. I mean, they made it into a movie and all.

AshbyFamily said...

Sometimes it's better to just see the movies! :)

Cristin Lassen said...

I read "Like Water for Chocolate" and remember really enjoying it.

Someone gave me "The Pillars of the Earth" for Christmas a year ago, and I keep trying to read it, but can never get through the first chapter. Now that Oprah has picked it for book club I feel like maybe something is wrong with me because she likes it so much and I can't get through 5 pages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...