"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

What I miss about cable

So we don't have cable (hence the super high number of pages I've read in the last few years). It isn't so bad. I kind of like not being hooked on the new shows and not knowing what season of Survivor they are on (I seriously thought this show went off the air like five years ago.) We currently have bunny ear antennas on our tv that I bought at few months back. We get ABC wonderfully, but don't watch any shows on ABC. NBC is okay. Mostly I watch CBS, and it comes in pretty bad. I don't really want cable, I know how many hours from my day it sucks away, but there are some things I miss. Here's my list:

The Food Network (especially Food Finds, Unwrapped, The Best of, Good Eats and The Secret of)

Pop-Up Videos

Trading Spaces on TLC

music videos in general (I realized today that there are bands out there that I love and listen to, but I have absolutely no idea what they look like)

I guess I also miss some stuff for my kids: Nogggin, Nick Jr., the Disney Channel, etc.

That's about it. Not really a long enough list to warrant the expense of cable. Or the time wasted.

3 comments:

Cristin Lassen said...

We have the very basic cheapest cable package for $11 - only the basic networks and PBS. I am happy with that too. When we had cable in the past it was hard for me to control myself. So many fun things to watch. Besides, with all the bad stuff said about network tv, I really don't think it's that bad... and it helps me limit my tv viewing dramatically.

Cristin Lassen said...

Oh and if you get CBS then you get Survivor. You probably knew that...

Jamie said...

I love not having cable. At first I thought of all the little shows i would miss that would be fun, or fun stuff for the kids, but we don't miss it at all. Besides, you can see anything you want pretty much online if you want now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...