"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2015) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

Hooray for my Red Sox!


For those of you who think baseball is a boring sport (which it seems like most people I talk to), the Boston Red Sox won the American League Championship tonight against the Cleveland Indians. They won game one, lost games two, three and four, and then won three in a row with games five, six and seven. They are the eleventh team to come back from 3-1 to win a 7 game series. The most recent team to do it was themselves in 2004.

This picture is my family's Christmas picture from December of 2004 after the Red Sox won the World Series that year for the first time in 86 years. We are top center.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I Love the picture. My husband im'd me from work a few minutes ago just to tell me about their winning and going on to the world series even though he knows I don't care at all, but it is a really cool story. The whole background on the team and then their winning for the first time in a gazillion years. I do love the movie Fever Pitch. Congratulations though Red Sox fan. oh, and I can't believe how many kids there are in the whole family. How many each do R and A have?

Nance said...

R has 4... only 3 in this picture (they had another boy this March). His family is to the left of my dad (my dad's right) with his wife behind him holding their 3rd, who is 2 days younger than my son.

J has 3 with one on the way. She's actually due a few weeks before me. They are to the right of my mom with her husband standing up in the back ground holding their current youngest (now more than 3 1/2).

Jo said...

I'm right there with you Nanc! I'm so excited the boys are going again! It brings back memories of when I lived in Boston and was party of the fever there. Oh, to be a Red Sox fan! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...