"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Go Red Sox!


Most people who know me and my family know we are Boston Red Sox fans. We have no connections to Boston itself, but we're still huge fans. My dad grew up in southern California in the 1940s. The best player in the league at the time was a guy named Ted Williams who played for the Red Sox. Every little boy's hero. So because of Ted Williams my dad is a huge fan. When I say huge, I mean, he's arranged business trips and family vacations around when the Red Sox will be playing wherever he's going to be (ie: when he visited us last in Kansas, it was in August- - extremely high temperatures - - but the Red Sox were playing the Royals the week he was here so we got to go to a game). My dad's last pet dog was named BoSox. I once went through his closet and counted how many Boston shirts and sweatshirts he owned... I don't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure it was over 20. His office is decorated in all the Boston paraphernalia a person could buy. For the family Christmas card in 2004 (the year the Red Sox won the World Series for the first time in 86 years) my dad bought a Red Sox shirt for every family member (16 people) to wear in the family picture. He's like one step away from being Jimmy Fallon's character in Fever Pitch.

So this is a little shout out to my Red Sox who are battling the Cleavland Indians right now in the American League Championship. Go Red Sox!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...