"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Christmas Shopping


I'm probably one of the biggest complainers of Christmas showing up in stores in October and November. My rule, because it was my dad's rule, is no Christmas before Thanksgiving. His was more specifically in regards to playing Christmas music. I just want to get past the preceding holiday before I'm bombarded with new holiday stuff.

That being said, I'm a hypocrite because I start my Christmas shopping early. I try to be 90% done by the first week in December, just holding out for those few last minute things I see and have to get. For example, it's not yet Halloween but I've already bought my kids their Christmas PJs and a couple other little things. The first draft of my ideas for what to get people for Christmas is nearly complete, but I'll complain as soon as I walk into a store with Christmas trees and decorations out.

I like buying gifts, what can I say. So here's one of the favorite gifts I got for my kids last year. Stencils from Oriental Trading Company.

My kids love these. The above picture is a huge stencil set for $19.95. They have themed sets of a dozen for $4.95. We got Princess Sparkley the Fairy Tale Fantasy stencil set and for Boy the On the Go! stencil set. They do a great job. I've been super impressed with how well Boy does as his fine motor skills aren't as advanced as Princess Sparkley's. But he's done great. And they both really enjoy it.

Happy shopping!

4 comments:

AshbyFamily said...

I Christmas shop year round...especially for the kids or nieces and nephews. I try to do as little shopping during December as possible. It's so crowded, even grocery shopping is tedious.

wendys said...

I shop early for christmas too. Those stencils are fun, are they made of plastic or cardboard?

Nance said...

Wendy - they are made of plastic.

Cristin Lassen said...

I always do it early too.... if possible. It's just so much cheaper to not wait till the last minute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...