"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Autumn Soup

I love Autumn/Fall. Maybe because growing up in California, I never really saw leaves change color, etc. Due to warmer weather, our leaves changing color have been delayed. So sad. But here is one of my favorite Autumn recipes.

Autumn Soup
(My mom made this for Halloween every year when I was a kid. I guess she figured we needed to get some veggies in with all that candy.)

Ingredients:

1 lb. Ground beef

1 cup chopped onions

2 cups hot water

1 lb. 12 oz. Can of chopped, stewed tomatoes

1 cup cut up carrots

1 cup cut up celery

1 cup cut up potatoes

½ tsp. Salt

½ tsp pepper

2 cubes beef bouillon

1 bay leaf

pinch of basil

Directions:

Brown beef and onions, cook 5 minutes. Add water, tomatoes, vegetables, and seasonings. Mix and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top.

We always serve it with Marie Calendar's cornbread.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...