"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dessert Contest


My dessert (above - it sort of looks like this) didn't win the dessert contest at my church dinner last night. So sad.

I was going to make this (see photo and recipe below), but couldn't find raspberries at the store in the limited amount of time I had before my husband, my son and my car left on a father/son camp out. So instead I made my daughter's favorite (see the link above for "dessert" as I've posted its recipe before).

Sadder even, it lost to two desserts. One was a cookie dough cheesecake. I'll forgive that dessert for beating mine. The other involved cherries. I can't believe a dessert involving cherries won anything. Yuck.

But seriously, the Tuxedo Brownie Squares recipe is probably one of the yummiest recipes ever. There's even a Tuxedo Brownie Cup version with strawberries. Mmmmm.


Tuxedo Brownie Squares

the Pampered Chef

Ingredients:

1 package (21 oz.) brownie mix (plus what you need to make the brownies)

½ cup seedless raspberry jam

2 cups fresh raspberries, or frozen whole raspberries without syrup (or

sliced strawberries), thawed and drained, Divided

3 squares (1 oz. each) white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly

2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened

½ cup powdered sugar

¼ cup milk

1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed

Chocolate curls (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of 9x13 pan with spray. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions. Cool completely.

Spread jam on brownies. Reserve ½ cup of raspberries for garnish; arrange the remaining 1 ½ cups raspberries evenly over jam.

Microwave chocolate on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, or until smooth. Cool slightly.

Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and milk. Fold in whipped topping; spread carefully over raspberries.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with the reserved raspberries and chocolate curls. Store, covered in the refrigerator.

Yield: 15 servings

5 comments:

Randall,Lindsay & The Boys said...

Wow!! Those both sound amazing...

Do the fudgy mint squares taste like the BYU mint brownies? Those were so good:)

A Random Stranger said...

I had the cherry dessert. It was pretty good.

You are just a bitter loser because the new lady in the ward just beat your dessert-making rear.

Jamie said...

That looks really good, but I have such a hard time doing chocolate and fruit together. It would probably still be good without the fruit, right?

Nance said...

Jamie -
I'm sure it would still taste great. It would just be like a brownie with white chocolate cheesecake on top. Of course it won't be as tasty, but maybe to you it would be. :)

A Random Stranger said...

I just ate half a pan of these while you were at the General Relief Society broadcast. Sucker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...