"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, September 10, 2007

Cookie Obsession

I'm obsessed with treats. Here's the problem. With my second pregnancy I was borderline for the gestational diabetes test. Basically, I wasn't gestationally diabetic, but my body wasn't processing sugars correctly. So I had to cut back on sweets, eat lots of fiber, etc.

Since that pregnancy I read the book CandyFreak by Steve Almond. If you haven't read this, shame on you. But I must warn you that it will probably turn you into a candy addict. So before I got pregnant this time, I made sure I could break my candy addiction. And I've done a pretty good job. I've bought candy here and there. But since last Easter, I haven't been buying bags of candy on each grocery trip. That was not a good habit, let me tell you.

But I'm totally addicted to sweets. If I wasn't out of eggs right now (and I hadn't JUST made cookies on Saturday) I would be baking a batch of these cookies right now. They are my latest addiction. So yummy!

Triple Cookie

(Totally not its real name, but I got the recipe from my sister in law and she didn't attach a name to them so I've just been calling them Heather's cookies. But it gets all weird if you call them Heather's cookies and you don't even know Heather. )


Ingredients:

1 c. butter softened
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 bag Heath bar pieces (in baking aisle)
1 bag Chocolate chips
1/2 bag White chocolate chips


Directions:

Heat oven to 375.

Soften butter in mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, sugar, egg and
vanilla. Mix.

Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix 2 more minutes.

Add in Heath pieces, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. It
seems like the ratio of stuff to dough is too high, but it works.

Scoop out w/the big scoop and flatten the balls. Cook
for 10-11 minutes. They still look really, really gooey. Let sit on
cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cool. They'll set up
and finish cooking and be gooey in the middle.

Makes 24 w/the big scoop.



4 comments:

Jamie said...

triple yumminess. These sound so good.I love heath bars.

AshbyFamily said...

I love to bake...and this pregnancy all I have wanted is Peanut Butter Hershey's Kiss cookies.

That recipe you posted looks so good.

Cristin Lassen said...

That looks really good. I am making this tomorrow.

Alanna said...

I just added this to my recipe blog-- we love these cookies so much!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...