"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Carver Salad

This is a yummy salad recipe from both my brother-in-law and a woman in my growing up ward... both excellent cooks.

Carver Salad

Ingredients:
mix greens
2 chopped red apples
Craisins
Sliced Almonds (the toasty salad topping ones are best)

Dressing:
3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
6 Tbsp. Mayo or Miracle Whip
2/3 cup oil

Put mix greens, chopped apples, Craisins and sliced almonds in a large bowl.

Dressing:
Mix the honey and vinegar together in a microwavable container and microwave for 15 seconds or until honey dissolves – cool. Add the mustard and mayo. Blend well with whisk. Add oil and whisk well. Refrigerate. Let sit for about 5 minutes and whisk. Pour over salad just before serving and mix well.

*I also have stove top directions, but my bro-in-law's easier microwave directions work just as well... and are a bit easier.

1 comment:

wendys said...

hey nance.. Tiff had her baby on Wednesday the 19th (sorry I'm slow on the reporting!) They went home today. They named him Casey Alexander and he was 8# 1oz. Good size baby! I haven't seen any pictures yet but I'm sure he's cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...