"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Books I've read this year... so far

Here's the list of the books I've read so far in 2007, not necessarily because you're interested, but because I have nothing else to say right now. Feel free to ask for recommendations. Just because I've read it, doesn't mean it's great.

TITLE AUTHOR PAGES DID I OWN IT? WHY I READ IT?
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister Maguire, Gregory 368 borrowed loaned by Natalie; asked opinion of by Heather
Size 14 is not fat either Cabot, Meg 357 own sequel to size 12 is not fat, I like meg cabot
Forever in Blue: The 4th Summer of the Sisterhood Brashares, Ann 384 own 4th and last in series
Yearbook Condie, Allyson Braithwaite 230 own knew her & her hubby and her bro-in-law at BYU
Bel Canto Patchett, Ann 318 own Book Girls: Joanna
Life of Pi Martel, Yann 319 own Book Club KS: Carolyn
How Nancy Drew Saved My Life Baratz-Logsted, Lauren 295 library Read other books by author and liked
The Secret of Peaches Anderson, Jodi Lynn 297 library read first book; this is sequel
Notes on a near-life experience Birdsall, Olivia 257 library BYU alumna, won delacorte contest
A Mango-shaped Space Mass, Wendy 218 library saw at bookstore
Frogs and French Kisses Mlynowski, Sarah 288 library Read first book, this is sequel
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Lewis, C.S. 91 own Book Club KS
Daddy's Girl Scottoline, Lisa 336 library i like Scottoline's books; she's the female Grisham
Emma Austen, Jane 394 own Book Club KS: Natalie
Twisted Anderson, Laurie Halse 256 library read all her books
Little Britches: Father and I were Ranchers Moody, Ralph 260 library Book Club KS: Kristie
Crossing to Safety Stegner, Wallace 327 library Recommended by Rachel and Erin
When the Emperor Was Divine Otsuka, Julie 144 library Book Club KS: Kristi
The Big Over Easy Fforde, Jasper 383 own I like Jasper Fforde books
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Rowling, J.K. 759 own Have read the entire series
The Last Summer (of You and Me) Brashares, Ann 306 library like author; read her YA books
Their Eyes Were Watching God Hurston, Zora Neal 256 library Book Club KS – my pick
The Book of Mormon Smith, Joseph Jr. trans. 541 own scriptures
Eclipse Meyer, Stephenie 629 library Read series; she's a byu alumna

2 comments:

Randall,Lindsay & The Boys said...

We definitely overlap with a few more books on this list...It's really fun to see the variety (and amount) of books you've chosen. Thanks!

Cristin Lassen said...

Have you ever read Into the Wild, with the movie coming out and since I won't be able to see it, I think I'm going to read the book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...