"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

ebay


So I love ebay. I've bought dozens of things from ebay and half.com. Never something big like a car, but lots and lots of little things.

And now it's official, I've actually sold something on ebay. Three somethings. I'm a little disappointed that there weren't huge bidding wars going on to buy my items, but I realize I should just be thankful that at least one person wanted to buy the junk I wanted to get rid of.

But now I'm obsessed. I keep looking around my house trying to decide what else might be worth selling on ebay. What could make me big bucks on ebay? Then I start thinking about all the stuff other people have (like my parents) that I could make a bundle selling on ebay. It's probably not so smart to sell of things that I don't even own, is it. But I'm obsessed!

4 comments:

A Random Stranger said...

Me: "Why don't you try selling some of this stuff on eBay?"
You: "I don't want to."
Me: "I think you'd really like it."
You: "It seems like too much of a hassle."
[time passes; you sell things on eBay; you write a blog post about how much you love it]
Me: [blowing raspberries]

Nance said...

It was going to be a hassle because you wanted me to gather up everything we didn't sell at our yard sale, figure out how to package it, go to the post office and weigh it to figure out how much shipping would cost. Hassle. Especially since the post office is where our kids end up throwing the hugest fits and fighting over who gets to put the package in the package drop... EVERY TIME. I did it the non professional way and guesstimated shipping costs. We'll see how that worked out. :)

Cristin Lassen said...

I went through a period of time when I was obsessed with selling stuff on Ebay too. I would even go to thrift stores and TJ Maxx to find good deals to resell on Ebay. We sold all our wedding presents we couldn't return and almost everything within a 5 foot radius of the computer because that's where I was sitting when I would think about what to sell. I view it as reverse gambling because I would check my listing like every 15 minutes to see if it had gone up or been viewed.

We have bought 2 cars on Ebay too and the transactions have been great. I would totally buy them again on Ebay.

the doze said...

How timely. My first eBay auction item sale ends tonight. I had bought items, but had never sold. So far so good. I am selling a cell phone, and the bids are higher than what I had hoped for. I am already looking for my next sale item in the house. Now I understand what people love about eBay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...