"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Alf Birthday

I told Cristin I'd hunt down this picture and post it. I finally found it.




When was Alf so popular? According to Wikipedia.org (it's not all scary), Alf aired from 1986 to 1990. I'm thinking I was maybe 10 or 11 for this Alf birthday party. My mom tracked down an Alf cake pan. I wore one of my two Alf shirts. I had an Alf stuffed animal that talked. And I invited all the girls from my class at school. Was Alf ever really that cool? But I was all about Alf. What's funny is that I think I was all about Alf because it was my dad's favorite show. He totally loved it. And maybe that was just the act he put on to entertain me. But I think he genuinely loved the show Alf.

Princess Sparkley saw this cake picture and asked me who Alf was. How to describe Alf? I basically said he was a sort of part monkey, part aardvark looking, really furry alien that ate cats and was stranded (?) on the planet Earth. My husband added that he had a girlfriend named Rhonda. It's hard to believe the show aired for four years isn't it?

3 comments:

Cristin Lassen said...

Thanks for posting this. Wow, that is a really cool cake - how did you ever bring yourself to eat it? I think ALF was super cool but I am also into the Spice Girls, so I'm not a real great judge of coolness. You sound like you were obsessed with ALF back in the day.

Jamie said...

Does that say "Ha!!"?

Nance said...

Yes, I believe I must have written that in the frosting. Ha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...