"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

Ice Cream Sandwich Torte

I thought I'd share this fun summer recipe with you. It's easy, yummy, cold, and very kid friendly. You'll just need some space in your freezer.
I made this cake last year for my daughter's art birthday party.


Above is the recipe from the Pampered Chef.
Below is the Pampered Chef official picture.
Here's the link to a similar recipe I just found.


Princess Sparkley's 4th birthday party last year.

I made art apron/smocks for all the kids and we did different art projects. It was actually a really inexpensive party. I had most of the fabric on hand to make the aprons. I just had to buy ribbons for the ties. I set up the first table for coloring and gluing glitter. The second table was stamping. The third was play dough. The fourth was shaving cream finger painting. There was a sidewalk chalk station. And then cake and presents. Each kid got to take home their apron, and a box of 24 crayons I'd bought at Target's back to school sale for 20 cents, along with their "art" they'd created.

*And I just discovered these "Art Cookies" that fit this party perfectly!

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are so so so CRAFTY!!! How jelous am I! I always thought I'd be more of a creative Mom, alas, I was wrong. You're amazing.

Jamie said...

That's a really cute idea for a party. That cake looks so good right now. I could really go for that. Was it hard to make?

wendys said...

I can't believe you did all that for a party! I'm in the midst of planning a pool party for my 3 year olds birthday. You amaze me. And congrats on the new baby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...