"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cake Box Cookies


This is Jed's favorite cookie recipe as of late. He's had me make it twice for days when he's had a class presentation, and then again tonight for the award potluck he invented for work tomorrow. (He carved a statue of Atlas holding the world... ------>).

Cake Box Cookies

Ingredients:

1 box of your favorite cake mix.
(Devil's Food is pretty rich... we've been liking Milk Chocolate Cake Mix lately.)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil.
Chocolate chips, M&Ms, etc. (whatever you want, however much you want)
(Or, to be healthy, add two eggs, 1/4 cup oil, and a 1/4 cup applesauce).

Directions:
Mix ingredients together. Scoop onto making sheet.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until cracked on top.


Variation: Homemade OREOS

Ingredients:
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup shortening

Frosting Ingredients:
1 cube butter (softened)
4 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions: Mix together cake mix, eggs, and shortening. Roll into balls. (Try to make them the same size since they'll have to pair up). Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes. Let cool completely.

Mix frosting ingredients until creamy. Don't soften butter too much. Spread between two cookies. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Cristin Lassen said...

Thank you for posting this! I am always looking for a good cake box cookie recipe, seriously. Thanks.

A Random Stranger said...

Hey, those cookies look a lot like a statuette of Atlas.

wendys said...

I remember when I first had these oreos in the basement kitchen of that house you and a million other people rented. I was very amazed at you and Tiffs cooking abilities because they were fantastic!

Lisa said...

When I was in college we made these ALL the time. Only we used shortening where you use oil. I wish I'd known I COULD'VE used oil, because it's a little less scary than shortening, although I recall I used it (butter flavor) in all my cookies back in those days. Now it's either all butter or all oil. No real shortening here. :( No cake mixes, either, or I'd be making these!

Miss L said...

We're making these tonight for FHE, and am excited to try 'em! (ps. Hope your unpacking goes quick and smoothly.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...