"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

We've moved!

For the next two years (Summer 2014-Summer 2016) I'll be blogging our family's adventures in China at www.chinesemileposts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Boost to my own confidence

What I’m good at:

desserts. I make some killer desserts.

b-day cards. It’s rare that I forget a b-day, and while I may not call you, I’ll at least email or usually send a card.

friendship. I’m by no means a touchy feely person. I’m never going to comment on your appearance, or comment on your losing weight. If you’re crying, I’ll probably try to make you happy more so than trying to comfort you. I’m not a hugger. But I’ll be there for you if you need me, just let me know. And I try my best to stay in contact with people. No matter how many months or years go by with no Christmas cards in reply.

writing. I don’t suck at writing. That’s not really a confidence boost. Or really even that positive. But it’s honestly how I view it.

communicating. By no means do I mean face to face communication or confrontation in any way, shape or form. But I’m great at letter writing and emailing.

reading. I’m a quick reader. I miss a lot of symbolism... but I’m not looking for it. I read more for enjoyment than for the literary aspects of the writing.

graphic design. Not even sure if that’s what it would be classified as, but I love arranging stuff on a page... making Christmas letters, newsletters, invitations, flyers, etc.

web guru. I can find just about anything you’re looking for on the internet. Throughout my family, I’m known for it. I just read Dan Brown’s Angels & Demons and at the end, in his acknowledgments, he thanks someone as his "web guru." That’s me. I mean, not literally. It’s someone else to Dan Brown. But in general... I am a web guru.

railway track layer. I’ve gotten fairly good and assembling train tracks for my son. So much so that my pieces meet up instead of suddenly coming to an abrupt end, and I have very few extras when I’m done.

nail biting. I’m a great nail biter. Not a great trait, but one at which I excel.

procrastinating. I am a fabulous procrastinator. I can’t even count how many papers I started for English classes the day before they were due.

dependability. I hated being "dependable" as a teenager. But it is a good quality. If you ask me to do something, I’ll do it. If you call and leave a message, I will call you back. I may procrastinate, but it will get done.

navigating. My husband who is a map snob would probably disagree, being that he never even lets me look at the map while he’s driving. But I never to rarely get lost... I mean really lost.

spelling. I’m a great speller, accentuated by all the horrible spellers that have surrounded me my whole life.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I agree with all of those, especially the friendship and birthdays/communication one. Oh yeah and the procrastination too, I have witnessed first hand the one day paper writing, a skill which i am very jealous of.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...