"Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of. but do it in private
and wash your hands afterwards." --Robert Heinlein.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Sweet Teeth... I have more than one

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies - Christmas Style
*

Mix:
2 cups butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla


In separate bowl, mix:
5 cups flour
1 1/2 TBSP. baking soda
1 cup cocoa


Mix all together - stir until crinkley (dough looks dry, it's okay).

Add 1/2 to 3/4 bag of mint Christmas M&Ms.
(If it's not Christmas, use regular or white chocolate chips).

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

These are delicious. I think I probably ate 2/3 of them myself... giving a few away and sharing a few with my husband, and letting my kids have tiny bites from mine.

*When I first posted this recipe in 2005, the mint M&Ms were small, like Plain M&Ms. When I added this picture in December 0f 2008, they are the size of Peanut Butter M&Ms and not as great for cookie making. I'm mad.

2 comments:

Angela said...

From one sweet tooth to another these sound delicious. You have always been a fab-o baker. Remember the potato cinnamon rolls...? Yummers.

VAWritingQT said...

This reminds me of the Wynnona Ryder version of "Little Women" when they laugh at Beth putting a recipe in the Pickwick Society Newspaper. Facinating stories can come from recipes. Maybe something the Ink Girls can try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...